ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black
Within our professional ABSpro™ engineering filament range we now offer a revolutionary flame retardant variant called “ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black”.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black is a new halogen free self-extinguishing filament which is engineered to meet the UL 94 V-0 flammability standards, meaning that the vertical burning of the filament, or 3D printed object, stops within 10 seconds.
The mixture used for our ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black compound contains a high percentage of PolyCarbonate, ABS and added halogen-free flame retardant modifiers. Even though the compound contains a high percentage of PolyCarbonate, the flame retardant modifiers allows the filament to be printed at relatively low temperatures.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black has a superb interlayer adhesion and allows you to 3D print self-extinguishing objects with a very high gloss and in remarkable fine detail.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black requires a printing temperature of 240-270°C. When printing with ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black we recommend you to set your print bed temperature to 100 -110°C. Using an adhesive spray will allow you to 3D print ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black directly on your glass plate, or on Kapton- or PET tape. You can also try using a strong adhesive slurry like ABS juice. Optimal print results can be obtained when keeping the ambient temperature at constant levels.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black has an excellent roundness and very tight diameter tolerances, which makes this filament a perfect match with all common desktop 3D printers.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black is especially developed for FDM/FFF technology based 3D printers and will basically work with any desktop 3D printer.
Our ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black does not contain any hazardous, or chemical substances. In fact, our ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black filament is RoHS certified and REACH compliant.
ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant Black unique features:
- Self-extinguishing flammability properties
- Engineered to meet UL 94 V-0 standards
- Superb interlayer adhesion
- High gloss
- General Tips & Tricks for printing with ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant filament:
- It is recommended to have your print bed temperature set to its maximum temperature 110-120°C (or higher) when printing with ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant.
- In order to obtain a good first layer adhesion it is recommended to prepare your print bed with adhesive slurries like ABS juice, or with an adhesive spray.
- It is important that your print bed levelled and clean. A really tight levelling of the print bed to the nozzle ensures a very good first layer adhesion with ABSpro™ - Flame Retardant.
- If possible try to create a controlled temperature area/box for your 3D printer to avoid temperature fluctuations having a negative effect on your 3D print.